Bisotun Rock Climbing festival from 2010
The Bisotun big wall is and has always been one of the main destinations of rock climbing in Iran. In October 2010, the French guide François Bernard in collaboration with Ebrahim Nowtash, a well-respected Iranian climber, initiated a festival of big wall climbing in Bisotun. In the following year, another French climber and guide, Guy Abert, made a topography of the most common paths of climbing the wall making it perfect for a festival such as the international Bisotun Rock Climbing Festival. If you are interested in trekking, Damavand hiking , rock climbing or other Iran tour packages , Atour can help you.
The event was organized to be held biannually. However, after the first three events, there was a temporary halt until 2018. In 2018, the fourth Bisotoun big wall climbing event was held but this time with highlining, base jumping and wingsuit flying adding to festival. Famous climbers like Ales Cesen, Angelika Rainer, Marko Prezelj, Manu Pellisier, Leslie Fucsko, Hubert Giot, Sam Beaugey, Anna Ahlund, Marko Servalli, and the wingsuit flyer Graldine Fasnacht has taken part in this even.
This Festival will be organized by Groupe de Haute Montagne (GHM)which is an international organization based in France, I.R.Iran Mountaineering and Sport Climbing Federation (IMSCF), and the Alpine Club of Iran.
Source: Iran Outdoor Events
The Festivals Official Goals
- Introducing Bisotun wall & other natural and historical attractions of Kermanshah city and Bisotun town.
- Making new routes on Bisotun wall and equipping the old routes, if necessary.
- Exchanging mountaineering and cultural experiences.
- Base jumping” from the top of the wall.
- Making a special route by Arnaud Petit, in order to introducing it in the “50 Superieur Rock Climbing Routes” which this prominent climber intends to write.
- Making films and accounts for mountaineering journals.
To know more about the festival and take part in it please contact us