Damavand volcano, an impressive attraction
Mount Damavand which is an extinct volcanic peak in the Alborz Mountains in the northern parts of Iran. Which is about 68 km northeast of the capital city of Iran, Tehran. Mount Damavand is known as the highest peak in Iran and Western Asia And it has a silent dormant volcano in it which is magnificant . Damavand volcano is known as the highest volcano in the Middle-East. Mount Damavand’s last eruption was about 7,300 years ago but due to fumaroles at the summit crater, this volcano is considered as an active volcano still. To book the best Damavand hiking tour, check out Atour’s website.
If you want to visit mount Damavand it is beneficial that you have all the information you need. Keep on reading to find out all about mount Damavand volcano.
Damavand volcano facts
- Damavand is the highest natural point in the Middle-East and the highest volcano in Asia.
- Damavand mountain is an impressive stratovolcano the peak is at 5,628 meters in elevation.
- Mineral hot spring waters are mainly located on the Damavand volcano’s flanks and at the base which is a sign of volcanic heat.
- The diameter of the crater of mount Damavand volcano is about 400 meters, which is covered by a lake of ice.
Mount Damavand tours
Different types of Damavand tour packages can consist of:
- visiting a frozen and unique waterfall in the south part of Damavand which never melts.
- visiting Tar Lake and Havir Lake which are located near mount Damavand. The surface of these lakes in the winter may cover by a thin layer of ice.
- paying a visit to Rood Afshan Cave which is located in a Village with the same name that is in the Damavand township in the central Alborz Mountains.
- Having an adventure in Abali ski resort which is the first ski resort in Iran to install mechanical lifts.
- A quick walk around Lar National Park which is located in the northern part of Mount Damavand.
- Visiting multiple hot water springs including Larijan hot water spring, which is famous amongst people for its therapeutic effects.
If you are interested in mountaineering in Damavand, be sure to read climb mount Damavand, a brief guideline article.
Visiting mount Damavand is a way to connect to Iranian culture and experience an adventure. Damavand volcano is one of the top tour destinations for tourists and it is one of the most popular tours of Iran. Finding a responsible and trustworthy firm that provides personalized tours is the most important part of you your trip and can have a major effect on your experience. One of the companies that provide personalized Damavand tours in Iran is Atour. The tours can vary from 2-7 days. You can check out Atour’s official website to get more information on their personalized and presented tours.